Many thanks to Anthrax over at the Firing Line Forum for allowing me to repost his information and photo’s on the Canik 55 Piranha. This pistol is not available (at least at this point) in the US:
There’s a lot of new guns coming out of Turkey. This one however, hasn’t been out too long. Don’t really know if its in the US market yet but hopefully it’ll make it there soon enough.
I own one. Simply love it! Overall, everything about this handgun is awesome.
Some basics about the weapon;
Caliber 9 x 19 mm Parabellum
Length 208 mm
Height 143 mm
Width 35 mm
Weight 850 gr.
Barrel Length 120 mm
Magazine Capacity 15+1 Piece
Effective Range 70 meters (+/- %10)
• COMFORTABLE GRIP AND STABLE HOLD.
• GOOD RESULTS AT INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING.
• LOW TRIGGER PULL WEIGHT AND HIGH ACCURACY OF FIRE.
• LONG SERVICE LIFE AND SUITABLE FOR COMBAT SHOOTING.
• VERSIONS DIFFER IN THEIR SIZE, WEIGHT, MAGAZINE CAPACITY, SAFETY ELEMENTS, SURFACE FINISH, GRIP PANEL TYPES AND OTHER SPECIFIC MODIFICATIONS.
• ALL COMPONENTS ARE CHROME PLATED.
• DOUBLE ACTION / SINGLE ACTION MECHANISM
• BARREL MANUFACTURED BY MKEK USING COLD FORGING TECHNOLOGY
• REAR SIGHT AND FRONT SIGHT EQUIPPED WITH TRITIUM SYSTEM THAT ENABLES AN EASY AIM IN POOR VISIBILITY AND EVEN IN THE DARK
• MEC GAR (ITALIAN) BRANDED MAGAZINE WITH HIGH CAPACITY AND TWO COLUMNS
Holds 15+1 rounds of 9mm. A few pictures;
Range Test carried out by a good friend (Thanks to Mr Gilani) of the Pirahna.
Handgun: Canik55 Piranha
Barrel : 120 mm
Size: 208x143x35 mm
Dist: 10, 20 & 30 yds
Ammo: POF 2Z
Sequence: 5 shots from 10 yds, 5 from 20 yds and 5 from 30 yds on the same target. Sitting, with my elbows resting on the table.
Stoppages: None out of 15
Score: 130 / 150 (86.66 %)
The scores are represented by the following symbols:
10 yds – Red Circles
20 yds – Red Triangle
30 yds – Black Square
- 10 yds…………….1.1 inches (50/50 pts)
- 20 yds…………….4.8 inches (35/50 pts)
- 30 yds…………….4.9 inches (40/50 pts)
- ……………………. 125/150 (83.33 %)
Overall Score……… 130+125=255 / 450 (85%)
Accuracy Rating: VERY ACCURATE!